Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jade Finished

Today we went back out the RMNP so I could give another round of attempts on Jade. The weather was basically awful, i still had two small split tips.. and a send seemed far from possible.... On my first attempt though i surprised myself by sticking the crux move and falling on the standstart due to frozen fingers. After this i sat around for 10 minutes trying to cool my fingers off, and keep my index from bleeding.. Eventually i decided to give it one more effort.. I pulled on feeling worse than ever... stuck the crux move... and somehow made my way to the top of the wall!! So syked!I I definately feel as if this is the hardest boulder i've ever climbed.. and i agree with Carlo's downgrade to v14. Either way, this problem is brilliant, and im really glad it is here for me to climb on..

I threw together a clip of the send.. its nothing spectacular, and there is one small editing flaw....but whatever!

Enjoi

Jade V14 from Jimmy Webb on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Magical hat finds it's way back on your head, nice.

Good clip and gratz on the send.

- Steve

Peter Beal said...

Congratulations Jimmy! Yes, what is up with the hat?

Anonymous said...

Awesome send!

-Luke

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh shit South representin!!

Ben

thespyofthetrueth said...

nice one, mate ;)

Daily doses said...

haha, thanks! Regarding the "magical hat" ... the send footage looks terrible for the topout and i wanted to get another angle to show the size of the boulder.... and i forgot my hat fell off.. :)

Kasia said...

yay!! i told you the day before you'd do it!!

Lee Friedlander said...

Damn Jimmy. Good work.

cboaz said...

Jimmy, straight ballin'!!! Congrats man, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Midnight Express?

-Zach

Daily doses said...

Ha, i dunno.. that one's tough... Maybe if i return in february? Too warm on the Front Range right now....